The benefits that you may reap from wearing custom orthotics may provide relief of discomfort from so much more than just foot pain. They can benefit parts of your entire body. When your feet are not functioning properly for whatever reason, there may be effects felt in your back, or your posture or balance may be negatively impacted. Dr. Cosimo Ricciardi, our podiatrist in Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, and Niceville, FL from Emerald Coast Podiatry can offer you many solutions to not only issues in your feet, but possible improvements to issues affecting your entire musculoskeletal system through the use of custom orthotics.
What are some benefits of custom orthotics?
Custom orthotics will provide support and cushioning for your feet, and equalize the distribution of weight so that one point of your foot no longer takes the brunt of pressure from the impact of walking, running, and jumping. All of these benefits of custom orthotics may improve other areas of your life and body. Here's how a recommendation of custom orthotics by our podiatrist in Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, and Niceville, FL may benefit you:
- Relief of foot pain: Custom orthotics take the pressure off of an injury. They can provide more cushioning and support where it is needed and help to correct any anatomical misalignments that may cause you pain when you walk or run. Getting orthotics that are custom designed for the exact fit of your foot will provide much more benefit than inserts from a pharmacy, which may not address your specific problem.
- Support for your joints: Over time, all of the impact from sports, or simple everyday walking can wreak havoc on your joints if shock absorption has never been specifically addressed. Custom orthotics can absorb these loads, rather than those forces being unequally distributed throughout the foot and absorbed by the joints themselves.
- Relieve back pain and improve posture: Back pain is inextricably linked to proper posture. Wearing custom orthotics may help to properly align your posture, which may lead to reduced back pain.
- Prevent future injuries: The shock absorption and weight distribution provided by custom orthotics will prevent certain tendons, ligaments, and muscles from being overused, preventing possible injury down the line.
- More comfort in workouts and improved athletic performance: The improvement in the mechanics and comfort of your feet will allow you to perform better in the gym or your sport.
- Improvement in overall well-being: An example of how custom orthotics may improve other areas of your life is sleep and rest. If you have difficulty sleeping due to foot or knee pain, custom orthotics may take care of the underlying issue preventing you from getting a good night's rest and properly recovering from the day's activities.
Dr. Ricciardi, our podiatrist in Fort Walton Beach, Crestview, and Niceville, FL from Emerald Coast Podiatry, can help to improve the function of your feet and whole body. Schedule a consultation with him by calling (850) 862-4119.