Your podiatrist in Fort Walton Beach, and Crestview, FL, can help your feet.
Chronic foot pain can keep you from enjoying your life. Your feet carry you through the activities of your life, and foot pain can keep you immobile. Your podiatrist can help you and your feet feel better.
Dr. Cosimo Ricciardi and Dr. Neil Patel of Emerald Coast Podiatry offer a wide range of podiatry services, including the treatment of chronic foot pain. Your podiatrists have two convenient office locations in Fort Walton Beach, and Crestview, FL, to help you and your feet feel better.
Chronic foot pain can be caused by a wide variety of problems, including:
- A foot injury like a fracture, sprain, or strain
- Diabetes, which can dramatically affect your extremities
- Plantar fasciitis, fallen arches, and other common foot conditions
You can help prevent foot pain by following a few simple tips. Remember to:
- Always wear the right footwear for the activity you are doing
- Don’t go barefoot, and pick up any objects on the floor that might cause you to trip
- Try to walk on even, smooth surfaces, and watch out for holes, rocks, and slippery ground
If you have diabetes-related foot pain, it’s important to visit your podiatrist at least once each year for a comprehensive foot examination. Diabetes has far-reaching, serious effects, especially on your feet. Also remember to:
- Do a self-examination of your feet every day
- Wash and dry your feet daily, and apply moisturizing lotion or cream
- Apply antibiotic cream to any open sores, cuts, or blisters
- Bandage any injured areas to prevent infection
If you have a foot condition like plantar fasciitis, you can:
- Place an ice pack on the affected area several times each day
- Do gentle arch stretches every day
- Elevate your feet to relieve foot stress
Your podiatrist can help with chronic foot pain. Common professional treatments and solutions for foot pain include:
- Custom orthotics and footwear
- Physical therapy and foot stretches
- Night splints, wedges, and cushioning insoles
- Prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication
- Corticosteroid injections to relieve swelling and pain
To learn more about the causes and treatment of chronic foot pain, talk with your podiatrists in Fort Walton Beach, and Crestview, FL. Call Dr. Ricciardi and Dr. Patel of Emerald Coast Podiatry at 850-862-4119, or 850-682-6522!