When every step you take causes pain, custom orthotics offer a simple way to improve your comfort. Your Crestview, and Fort Walton Beach, FL, podiatrists, Dr. Cosimo Ricciardi and Dr. Neil Patel, can help find the perfect type of orthotics for you. Emerald Coast Podiatry also serves the Niceville and Freeport areas.
How custom orthotics can help you
Unlike shoe inserts available in stores and on websites, orthotics are custom designed for your feet. During your visit to the Crestview, or Fort Walton Beach, FL, podiatry office, your podiatrist will discuss your symptoms, examine your feet, and watch you walk.
This information will help them diagnose your foot issue and design orthotics that will improve your particular problem. Impressions of your feet will also be made during your visit. These impressions will be used to create your custom orthotics.
Orthotics offer many benefits and can:
- Ease Your Pain: Orthotics cushion your feet and offer an excellent solution if you spend long hours on your feet or the fat pads under your feet have thinned as you've gotten older. They can also be helpful if you have pain due to arches that are too low or too high, or have bunions, hammertoe, arthritis, Morton's neuroma, and other foot conditions.
- Reduce Your Risk of Diabetic Foot Issues: Orthotics reduce pressure on the feet and can help you avoid diabetic foot ulcers and serious infections that may occur if sores on your feet become infected.
- Decrease Leg, Hip, and Back Pain: Your feet are the foundation for your body. They not only support your weight but help keep all of your bones properly aligned. If you have an arch problem or your feet turn in or out too much, you may soon develop pain in your legs, hips, or lower back. Orthotics support your feet, improving alignment and reducing pain:
- Help You Recover from Foot and Ankle Conditions: Relieving pressure on your feet also helps you recover from conditions and injuries including plantar fasciitis, bursitis, heel spurs, Achilles tendonitis, and stone bruises.
- Prevent Sports Injuries: Keeping your feet properly aligned with orthotics can help you reduce your risk of common sports injuries, like shin splints, stress fractures, Achilles tendonitis, bursitis, and sprains.
Could custom orthotics help you? If you live in the Niceville, Freeport, Crestview, or Fort Walton Beach, FL, areas, make an appointment with your podiatrists, Dr. Ricciardi and Dr. Patel. Call the Fort Walton Beach office of Emerald Coast Podiatry at 850-862-4119, or the Crestview office by calling 850-682-6522.